Friday 1 January 2016

New Years Resolution

Hiya

So, it's now 2016. All of the resolutions I made over the years, well I can honestly say I never fulfilled any of them. I always set my self a resolution that consists of quitting smoking or start eating more healthier and actually attending a gym instead of paying rediculous amounts of money each month, when I haven't even been to the induction yet....still not achieving it. 

I feel that a lot of people come up with a New Years Resolution as a sort of path way to a more happier year than the one before, but does it really? I mean it probs wouldnt have had a huge impact on your life anyway because you didn't even begin to try it? You procrastinated your way through the year and kept on telling yourself 'Yeah, I'm going to start me NYR on Monday' when really you couldn't be bothered...and that's okay! 

Instead of not feeling like you've let yourself down, or if you don't give a flying f anyway, just don't make a NYR in the first place! Who the hell are we trying to impress anyway? Just take each day as it comes and set goals that are fun and enjoyable, because let's face it...resolutions are bullshit. They're not fun, they're not cool they're just ways in which we try and better our selves, but it's fails each time. 

If you ever made a resolution and you stuck to it, congrats! If you're like me and are lazy and keep putting it off then congrats too! 2015 was a boss year for me, and I wouldn't change it for anything! And it was mainly because I didn't set a resolution...I had goals I wanted to achieve and I done them because I had no pressure weighing me down. 


So, as Shia LaBeouf would say...JUST DO IT!

And also some wise words from the great Joe Strummer 'The future is unwritten'

Adios! 

Mel XO




No comments: