Thursday 7 January 2016

New Hair!


Hiya

If you know me well, you'll understand the absolute hell I've had with my hair over the past four fucking years. 

I've been many colours over the years; some on purpose, some by accident. It's all trial and error if you're not a professional. Me personally, I have never been to a hair dresser to get a colour on it, I just don't trust it! The amount of horror story's I've heard where hair dressers have fried someone's scalp with bleach or put a wrong colour dye onto your head literally made not want to ever go the hairdressers (ngl haven't been in 2 and a half years, my mum cuts my hair).

I prefare myself to do it, that way I can blame it on myself because I know it's me who's made the mistake, I honestly feel so much better about the situation.

I'll say it now, In all the years I've been dying my hair; I've never made a mistake. Before doing anything I did my research on the type of dyes to use, technique and the little odd bits like what conditioner to use afterwards I'm quite organised like that tbh. 

I've been plum purple, blue, midnight blue, black, peroxide ginger and bleach blonde (the peroxide ginger and bleach blonde being the error). 

It took me a little over 4 years to completely strip black hair dye out of my hair, and this consists of growing it out as much as I possibly could and then bleaching the little bits left. 

To cut a boring 4 year story short, if you're considering dying your hair black...PLEASE DONT DO IT! YOU'LL GET SICK OF IT AFTER TWO YEARS LIKE I DID! PLUS ITS EXPENSIVE AS FUCK TO KEEP UP WITH IF YOU HAVE NATURAL BLONDE HAIR! SORRY ABOUT THE SHOUTY CAPITALS BUT THIS IS HOW I WOULD SAY IT IRL!

I've now only decided to dip dye the ends of my hair purple, when I can be bothered I will do a little tutorial on how to do it, but right now I'm just showing it off.


I feel like this blog was a little bit pointless, I did warn you in the description. Not even soz, I'm made up with the colour of it!
💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

I will give a tutorial I promiseeee. 

Until next time...tra!

Mel xo



No comments: